Sunday, July 15, 2007

From a best friend.

From afar, Luis Nadal is the one person you can always count on for a smile. Whether it is a slick smirk that makes you know he is up to something or a genuine caring grin. I met Luis last summer while I was a summer RA here. He was on the training committee and had offered to help me with my presentation since I had done the typical thing and left it for the last minute. Before then, as a resident in Dammann when I was a first semester RA Luis appeared to be a quiet soul. I hadn't known much about him other then his name and where he lived, but I approached the presentation open minded about a new fellow staff member. I didn't realize he would soon become my best friend here at Manhattanville. Luis' kindness in offering to help with my procrastination wasn't just a one-time deal. It was simply the beginning of my recognizing what an honorable person he really is. Luis is the most selfless person I have ever met. Whether it be something minor like simply accompanying me to the store, so I don't have to go alone, or something larger such as keying into my room for me at 4am when he is asleep while I am hours away and left my AC on in sub degree weather I can rely on him to be there to help me. he is someone his residents, supervisors, staff members, and friends can all rely on. He is a very smart and talented person, and is often under appreciated for his talents. At a time when some of my closest friends from freshmen year and on have left Manhattanville to pursue other things, I have found a true-life long friends in Luis. While he does appear quiet, the truth is up close and personal he is anything but. He has injected life into our staff, willing to always put his best foot forward, even if it means projecting himself in an embarrassing way to take one for the team. He sacrifices his time, efforts, and personal life to always be there for anyone he can. I admire Luis a great deal and know what he is someone I can always rely on. I know i do not tell him everyday, but I hope it does not go unknown that I have found a true treasure of a friend with him, and I know he is someone I will have the honor of knowing for a long time to come. I can truly speak for the Spellman staff, and ResLife as a whole when I say how truly appreciated Luis is to everyone who has the pleasure of knowing him. I know my last few months would have been a lot of laughs short had I not met him and had the chance to work with him. I am grateful to call him one of my best friends.
-Priscilla Young

3 comments:

Ayi :) said...

guao chuliz u rock :P

Carolina said...

Its so nice to count on someone like you do. It give me hope at least in the rough times, even in the lonely ones .. :)
Carol

GirlFromSantiago said...

She's probably right :P~