Monday, November 27, 2006

Eureka!

Howdie all. I know, I know.. haven't posted in a while, but I've been busy =). Well, the past week was interesting, or what can I say. To start off, the three days before Thanksgiving (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) were horrible. Like literally no1 at all was going to classes, they were all empty. Go figure, most of my classes have like 8 people in them.
So anyways, I was supposed to leave to the city Wednsday afternoon; a good friend of mine invited me over to his place since I didn't want to spend money going to Boston as I usually do for Thanskgiving (reason for that is I am saving money for my Disney trip, spring break 2007). Well, it turns out that my French teacher had the awesome idea of giving us a QUIZ, the wednesday before Thanksgiving. What a fag. Anyways, moving on!
I take my train in the afternoon, everything cool, everything good. Well, go to bed early, we get up at 5am so that we can make it on time to see the parade. But of course, nobody told me that the parade started at 9am... so yeah, there we were, standing on 58th and Broadway, 38 F, 15mph winds AND rain, just so that we get a front row spot. I've never been so cold in my life lol. So yea, from 6am to 12pm, standing there trying to warm myself by rubbing my hands, eff that I couldn't feel my hands, feet or anything else (if you know what I mean). But the parade was really cool, there was A LOT of stuff, but here are my favorites:

The SpongeBob Squarepants!


The Monopoly guy, really cool


Garfield


Pink Panther


The Animal Planet float



Well, all of these were really cool, but there were also a number of marching bands that were awesome, I've never heard them live and I was really amazed, because as they march forward you get to hear the same song but with different instruments played, so yeah it was really nice.




Well, other than that I just wanted to make a "stand out" for this other Blog I found that was really nice and good to read:

Sin Claudicar


So long, maybe I'm forgetting something just post it on comments =)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo toy loco por ver el parade =// se ve tan apero!

Anonymous said...

That is just the best! I've never seen a parade like that...

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.